Every school must have a Child Protection Policy - often referred to as the school's Safeguarding Policy. The aim of the policy is to ensure that our school has effective measures in place to safeguard your children from the potential risk of harm and that the safety and well being of the children are of the highest priority in all aspects of our school's work. Having the policy in place ensures that all members of your school community:
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse
- Fully support the school's commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
Raynsford Academy is delighted to say that a recent Safeguarding audit judged the school to be outstanding in this area.
"Leadership and staff, as part of the verification process, have clearly evidenced through both policy and practice that all the areas in the three safeguarding zones have clearly been met at an outstanding level."
Safeguarding is not just about protecting children from deliberate harm. It presents schools with a wide range of issues that they need to be prepared for.
Safety on the Web
Raynsford Academy encourages parents and children to visit the CEOP www.thinkuknow.co.uk to keep you and your friends safe with Hector Protector and his friends. Security on our computer system is a high priority because there are so many users.
Please click the link below to go straight to this site:
Other useful websites